Product Manager. Central London or North Yorkshire.
The banking and payments industry has never been so vibrant, with technological, social, environmental and legislative forces all pulling in the same direction. As a key provider of end-to-end alternative banking and payments solutions, Contis is ideally positioned to capitalise upon the opportunities this presents.
Contis has spent the last ten years developing a technical platform and set of licences enabling it to offer banking and payments solutions to white-label and own-label customers across the EEA. Contis is unusual in this space in that its platform provides both a customer ‘front-end’ (eg. internet and mobile ‘phone app portal incl. budgeting tools and cash back rewards) and processing ‘engine’ (facilitating the opening of consumer and business current accounts in two-minutes, deposit of funds and payment processing). Its platform is reliable and robust with PCI DSS Level 1 certification.
Contis sells its platform through three main channels:
Canvas™ is Contis’ white label solution, through which it sells a menu of functionality that the client can configure as required. Typical clients are alternative banks and Fintech providers with a need to move customers’ funds.
Engage™ is Contis’ current account product, developed specifically for the Credit Union movement.
Freedom™ is Contis’ own current account product for consumers and businesses that Contis sells either directly or through third-party referral arrangements.
Separately, Contis sells the Seasons™ travel card and runs gift card programmes for a variety of tier-one high street retailers and restaurants.
Having already developed into a major force in the industry, Contis is now focusing upon commercialising its platform, part of which will require the identification, development and delivery of exciting products that capitalise upon and fuel the opportunities presented by the sector. To fulfil this need, Contis is looking for a passionate and driven Product Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
This is a new role. The successful candidate will ‘own’ one of Contis’ brands (Engage or Freedom), being responsible for:
– Ideation … strategic direction of the product.
– Developing product roadmap and defining functionality.
– Working with key stakeholders to prioritise functionality build.
– Scoping functionality.
– Assembling project team and project managing development of required functionality.
– Working with Strategy and Marketing to develop go to market plan and collateral.
– Project managing go to market.
– This role is about delivery. It is essential that the successful candidate puts in place process and rigour that ensures product development is efficient and effective.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Skills and expertise:
– 5 – 10 years’ experience in Product Development in the banking and payments space.
– Both Freedom and Engage have / will have a Business and Consumer component … applicants with Product Development experience in either one or both of these areas are welcomed.
– Customer Journey expertise, ideally in UI design or similar.
– Proven experience working with developers and the technical community.
– Strong ideation pedigree with structured approach to prioritisation and Project Management (using MS Project or similar etc).
– Self-starting with a considered approach to defining how best to proceed.
– Proven ability to influence those over whom you have no direct authority.