Type: Permanent – Full time
The Fraud Manager will be responsible for defining all Fraud policy and strategies for the business, ensuring that Contis has robust systems in place to minimise fraudulent activity.
As Contis continues to grow, protecting the business and customers from Fraud will be crucial, the fraud team will be instrumental in advising and educating internal stakeholders on best practice and policy. Working across all functions to ensure that our Fraud systems are working to full optimisation and where required to implement required improvements, in partnership with the relevant function.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Fraud Systems (35% – Initially this may rise to 70% until roll out of new system is complete)
Implement and mobilise new Fraud management system across the business. (Work is already underway, and a provider has been selected). Educate all functions and ensure key internally stakeholders are familiar with the system and can identity key data and insights. Review any ongoing process improvements that need to be made to the system, and work in partnership with the technical and operations team to mobilise any changes/enhancements.
Strategic Direction (30%)
Ensure that Contis is compliant with all current and pending Fraud legislation that is relevant to our industry. Ensure that clear policies are in place and that these are shared with employees and customers where relevant. Design and deliver any required training across the business and or to customers.
Champion and lead the definition of an anti-fraud strategic roadmap, including where appropriate identifying and planning work streams / projects, delivering business cases, delivering a communication plan and monitoring progress against targets. Identification and implementation of cost effective fraud deterrent, prevention, detection, response (investigation and remediation), mechanisms and controls.
Be the fraud expert, providing advice and counsel to senior leadership. Develop the profile of the function. Form strong and successful relationships with business heads across the company. Use these relationships to charter and direct the course of fraud management by providing insight, business acumen and thought leadership, demonstrating the importance to their operation.
Ensure the business stays within its risk appetite as well as identifying, analysing and assessing fraud risk. Own the Fraud Risk Management Programme and fortify against fraud risk. Work with all major stakeholders to gain buy-in to the Fraud Risk plan, identifying risks and issues, initiating discussions in response to these, gaining consensus across functional and organisational heads and implement new strategies.
Manage, motivate and guide a small team to deliver the Fraud stratergy for Contis. Ensure that the team are focussed and subject matter experts within their field and are able to be true business partners to the business.
Develop close working relationships with the wider fraud community including other bank fraud teams, Visa fraud department, fraud forums and CIFAS for example.
MI, Reporting & Governance (20%)
Produce relevant reports & MI for the business. Identify key areas of concern and activity, share action plans for change if required. Providing a coordination function for Fraud and Dispute tracking, including providing reports and MI information to regulators and senior management as required.
Work to establish a culture of fraud awareness, ensuring the response to any type of incident is immediate, effective and appropriate. Reviewing, redesigning and keeping all documentation around processes and procedures up to date.
Oversee fraud risk intelligence gathering as it relates to understanding, identifying and addressing any threats.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Ten years’ experience in Fraud management ideally in the banking and payments space, five of which should have been in a managerial or leadership position.
• Detailed understanding of fraud typologies in payments including debit card and banking payments.
• Self-starting with a considered approach to defining how best to proceed.
• Pragmatic and structured approach, especially when under pressure.
• Able to contribute to strategic thinking as well as focusing on the day to day business requirements.
• Hands-on where necessary. We are a small team but are focused on getting things done.
• Self-starting and independent with a considered approach to defining how best to proceed.
• Experience and gravitas operating across all levels of an organisation.
• Structured approach, with good attention to detail and able to keep things on track.
• Pragmatic and structured approach especially when under pressure.
• Commercial savvy.
• Highly organised.
• Strong team player.
• Excellent Numeracy and Literacy skills.
• Strong IT skills, Microsoft office.
• Solutions focussed.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Educated to degree or similar standard (desirable).