key responsibilities & accountabilities:
Project Management (80%)
1. Set and agree the project management framework, scope, governance and principles for each project from scoping to first transaction and project closure
2. Develop and maintain a delivery project plan to Map out the project by workstream (using Gantt chart or similar Project Management technique), identify those responsible for completing each workstream incl. escalation routes.
3. Secure buy-in from all workstream owners and stakeholders on project objectives, deliverables and timescales.
4. Manage the project proactively through a variety of formal and ad hoc project reviews with critical personnel, escalating where appropriate.
5. To manage projects utilising the current project methodology.
6. To build and maintain an enthusiastic and focused project team.
7. To proactively manage the customer experience during the project lifecycle.
8. Ensure communication through meetings and reporting is in place to ensure all stakeholders are consulted and kept abreast of developments.
9. Focus and drive the project team to ensure all task owners take ownershipcomplete tasks on time and to specification.
10. Proactively manage and lead the RAID on projects and ensure customer and internal teams proactively support.
11. To manage project change through a formal change process.
Project Evaluation (10%)
Review all projects upon completion to identify learnings and potential improvements.
Support the Head of Project Management as required on various projects in particular around ways of working and best practice.
Skills & knowledge required:
• Approximately 5 years’ experience in a Project Management role, ideally in the banking and payments space.
• Proven track record working with external clients, developing a clear understanding of what is required and ensuring this is delivered in the most efficient manner possible.
• Self-starter with a considered approach to defining how best to proceed with varied projects.
• Pragmatic and structured approach, especially when under pressure.
• Highly organised.
• ‘Completer-finisher’ with great attention to detail.
• Strong team player- strong ability to build and lead project teams.
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
• Strong IT skills, Microsoft Office etc.
• Solutions focussed.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Experienced in RAID management throughout the project lifecycle.
• Educated to degree or similar standard.
• Recognised Project Management qualification
• Ability to identify improvements to ways of working and support wider acceptance within the project team.
• Ability to coach other project managers in project management best practice and in developing a Contis SDLC.
All of the above should be clearly demonstrated through behaviours in-line with Contis’ Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership & Personal Excellence, Think Big & Innovate, Bias for Action & Delivery and Customer Focus