Technical/ Pre-Sales Manager
Location: London or North Yorkshire
Type: Permanent – Full time
To be a subject-matter-expert about Contis’ platform, products and features and bring this knowledge to the sales process (led by sales and account managers) to architect the most elegant and effective solution to clients’ needs.
Having identified the most appropriate technical solution, document what has been agreed with the client, incorporate this as part of the wider contract and obtain buy-in from all stakeholders (incl. client, sales manager and Contis’ onboarding Project Manager).
Work with the onboarding Project Manager and Customer Excellence Configuration specialist to ensure implementation of what has been sold and agreed by the client.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Learning about Contis’ platform and feeding into Product Roadmap – 20%
• Getting up-to-speed quickly on architecture of Contis’ alternative banking & payments platform, incl. its configuration, presentation and capabilities / limitations.
• Being the voice of the customer / client during Product Roadmap sessions.
• Understand the market for Contis’ product suite through constant direct and indirect interaction with clients, prospects and key influencers
Participation in sales meetings, architecting the most appropriate solution to meet client requirements – 60%
• Support sales efforts through direct client calls.
• Take the lead on matters re: product and platform configuration, chairing discussions to clarify clients’ core requirements and securing confirmation of findings and agreements so scope can be agreed by all stakeholders and consequent configuration of Contis’ platform approved.
• Document agreed solution and platform set-up in clear, non-technical language that can be understood by the client, withstands scrutiny contractually and drives the client onboarding process.
Aligning with Onboarding and Customer Excellence teams to ensure effective client onboarding – 20%
• Involve Onboarding and Customer Excellence teams towards finalisation of solution design so onboarding Gantt charts can be built out and platform configuration clarified and agreed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Minimum five years’ working with technology-orientated sales
• Product consultancy experience in a technology services or consulting organisation
• Proven competence at consultative sales techniques
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Demonstrable project / implementation management experience
• Excellent spoken, written communication and presentation skills
• Understanding and documenting client requirements
• Able to translate business needs into requirements and inform solutions
• Can operate across business and technical teams
• Strong detail orientation / completer-finisher
• Good listening and questioning
• Ability to work in a team oriented and collaborative environment
• In-depth knowledge of banking and/or payments industry
• Self -starter, able to manage and direct own workload